Aug 7, 2009

master tub




This took me hours to do. Yeah, I know...you're thinking " hours?!?! Jody, its tile...give me a break1?!". Yeah, well, there are margins and measurements you have to fit it into. Some was already mounted and others are immovable to the patterns...like the backplashing had to stay, and the bottom slate had to stay, and somehow i had to make the measurements work with the tile I had. We ended up taking some 6x6 travertine out of the tile mans truck...just random pieces. The pieces we had on hand were numerous, but either were too big or too small...too small made it look too busy, and too big made it look bland. I then got on a kick that it shoudl have travertine in it because the shower did, and the tub didnt. So it got redesigned on the spot.

i know, it doesn't sound like much...but those tile guys....wow...um, its a skill.

No comments: