Aug 7, 2009

master back splash



okay, I know how much you want to know about all the stupid stories...but its stressful. They say building a house breaks up marriages. I get it now. Paul and I are fine. ;-)

Okay, so I requested that the back splash on the counter top in the upstairs master bath run a consistent line instead of stair stepping into the backsplash of the tub. So...there are measurements you have to adhere to. And if you cut the natural stone looks a little silly if you cut on it...cause they have natural edges. I explained some in another post too, so I wont repeat....but it was a bit of work making this look the way it does. But I'm extremely pleased.

The counter tops throughout the house are all a tropical brown granite. When it showed from the quarry, some pieces were naturally lighter, so I just had them match it per the room it was in. I know, no one cares. But they thought it was a huge deal and I didnt care. As long as it isn't mismatched in the same room, its fine. So, if you look real hard (haha, right) the kitchen is darker than any of the bathroom counter tops. All of the fixtures are whats called an "oil rubbed bronze". ANd all the wood working is in knotty alder (its a hard wood for those of you who were so curious you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if you didn't know).

No comments: