Apr 8, 2009

UPdate


Things are starting to really take place, come to fruition and we are meeting goals. We got the cashiers check to mail as soon as possible (have to wait until others' paperwork is in order) to send for his boards. We also got great news about the paperwork, that it IS indeed coming through in an orderly fashion(and TIMELY fashion) (there was starting to be trouble), Paul's thesis is done and he's wrapping that up too. He's had a bunch of time off, because he had an extra 12 sick days to burn...so, he's been around more...its been really nice for ALL. He's studying a TON to prepare for his boards. I'm so proud of him really being focused and centered. (no TV, etc). He is also on a weight loss endeavor and has lost about 20lbs...thats impressive and he looks impressive too. I've never seen him focused like he is now...and we're coming up on 6 yrs of marriage. (whoa, how'd we get to be this old?). He continues to be a really great daddy and a wonderful husband......we are indeed blessed.

I am currently baiting moving companies to get the best deal (right, like you wouldn't have expected that from me). The house is slowly being invaded with brown boxes....while things are being moved around, consolidated and organized (VERY different from our prior moves..no dumping drawers this time!!!). Dave also put the house up for sale, so we are also being invaded by people....and now we have to keep it clean (yeah right). We also have a list of about 20 homes to see when we set foot in Jerome. My inlaws have graciously opened their home to us in the meantime. Also, with any luck, Paul can start work the second we get there if he so chooses. He will only be working every other week for awhile....which is great, because we get the time reprieve from him being gone so much with school. This summer really WILL be the best!!! I can't even WAIT!! We are a mountain in debt, but don't care. His sister and my sister are coming out to help us move...they will be a great help.....and FUN.

We are taking a week long vaca on the way back to Idaho..we will be going places we wanted to see before we left the east...cause I'm sorry, but I'm not coming back for a LONG while! Cleaveland, Chicago, Nauvoo, North Platte, Yellowstone, and Twin Falls/Jerome....we have lots to see and hotels are already booked. We have also confirmed with insurance about the move and all is well. We plan on having a HUGE garage sale...that wraps around the culda-sac......I guess its going to be the place where everyone in his class hocks their stuff...LOL...so, spread the word. ;-)

ALSO...anyone have a hardtop (turtle top) Thule they wanna sell?!?! We need to get one of those too....

Paul has also been doing all the necessary paperwork to submit his #s, and apply for the things he needs to in order to have this set for a MAY date to take this boards. (trying to take boards before we leave PA). We also got the comencement invites in the mail from Gannon. That reminds me, I gotta get a sitter to hang out awhile that weekend.

I will be turning my resignation soon, my last day of work is May 1. (only one more shift!!). I also (sneeky sneeky) re-up'ed my certifications for my CPR, ACLS and PALS...so they won't exprire by the time I get a new job. I also did the paperwork for Haileys "I won't be here for Kindergarten" stuff.

Anyhow...great things are happening.....and its SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

You have only been married SIX years? I have been married TWELVE! You are lightweights :-). This is all exciting stuff and I wish you the best of luck. I am sure that I will be seeing you in Idaho! I will head back for Mother's Day this year...kidless.