Jan 13, 2009

Sorels or hipwaders?


So, I was going out today...yeah, the last day of the week as far as I'm concerned.....its supposed to be subzero the rest of the week....the temp is already starting to fall. Time for Erie Hibernation Mode. So, I'm in my driveway...you know, the place I've gotten stuck a half a dozen times this week already...and I get out of my van (because the snow-vehicle is in the shop...how convenient) and my Sorels...my trusty, ever so fantastic snow boots... aren't cutting it...and I start to wonder what real Erie-ites do...you know, the ones where this is NOT their first, 3 foot-3 degree adventure. And I wonder...do they have snow-hip waders? This is way over what the typical good ol' Sorel can handle (without additional equipment mind you). Anyway...if any of you see a Sorel Hip wader....contact me. ;-) Or maybe sweet Niki had it right...about going out "snow shoeing on Friday"...man, maybe she just went to the store, or out to her mailbox. Ya know? Definitely a qualifying endeavor!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

jolyne77 said...

Or...I guess I could invest in a pair of gaiters....but then I can't just slip my Sorels on barefoot. Totally negates the time and effort issues.....hmmm ;-)

BobandLu said...

So Pittsburgh's startin' to look a little sunny huh?! ;)

Alice said...

Okay, now you can know how evil Robert and I REALLY are--the other day we chased a bunny with our truck for like a block and a half. He couldn't go anywhere except the road because the snow drifts were too high. He finally was able to duck into a driveway and under a bush--but it was early morning and most driveways weren't shoveled yet. I don't know what bunnies did before snowplows. (Apparently they don't hibernate?)

Paul said...

Lu---NEVER thought Pgh would look SUNNY compared to ANYwhere!!!

Ali-Mae--honey, thats mean. But I actually did LOL. I can totally see it...are you teaching Nana and Enoc these things!??!;-) Dude, you guys are so funny sometimes.....haha....

Paul said...

PS--if you look to the right side of the blog, it says its 7 degrees not including wind chill and
"feels like -8"

brought to you by your friendly neighborhood freezing their butt off Erie-ite.

jolyne77 said...

Its -5, but -23 with wind chill. welcome to erie winter.