Nov 30, 2008

Thankful Hearts

There is so much I have to be grateful for. I don't know why Heavenly Father has blessed me in the way He has, but He has....and you won't hear a complaint from me. I was so grateful to spend Thanksgiving just with my family....just us. It was nice, and oddly enough...peaceful. We just hung out and ate, watched movies and enjoyed one another. We shopped, but it wasn't stressful. It's especially nice to have Paul back home. Again, its not because I can't do it on my own...because you all know I don't need anyone or anything...I can do it on my own. But Paul has taught me over the years that I don't have to....and there's no shame in not wanting to do it on my own either. I've shed a lot of the pride over the years...but I will always be that stubborn independent prideful-I can do it on my own- kind of girl. However, with that said, I don't ever want to be without Paul. He has given me so much... by just being himself. It's usually what I have given to him to meet his needs and what he's always wanted...but in reality, he has given much too. This big goofy man has not only married me, but has done so for all Eternity. I actually am one of those who married their best friend (and visa-versa). He has given me 3 of the most beautiful and sweet girls I have ever had the privilege to meet.....and further have the privilege and honor of raising. And not that it isn't enough...but we are also sealed together forever.

Paul has fixed, filled, and softened a lot of my personality traits...to make me a better person. And I will give him that credit...because it's truly his. No one else could have done that in quite the same way. Paul gets 'it'....he gets me. He understands that pushing will make the whole thing regress so far you won't ever get your desired result....most people don't get that.

He is a wonderful husband and a fantastic father. He does so well in school/work, and works hard for ALL of us...so we may ALL have a better, more financially stable life. Thank you Paul. Thank you for your sacrifices on behalf of your family.

So, many, many things I have to be thankful for. The truth, my freedoms of practicing faith and religion as well as all my other freedoms, my pretty babies, my ability to get them here, the health of myself and my family, my husband, my family, my awesome sister, my incredible friends, my Aunty (for which I have always totally admired), my sweet in laws who set such a great example. I'm thankful for the family I have married into. I am grateful for the monetary things I have, for a nice home, nice clothing...thankful they keep me warm and dry. For our means of transportation. I am thankful for my career, for my job in which I have the hours of my choice. Thankful I can give back to the public and help those is need (and they pay me too!) I am thankful I can stay home with my babies and raise them to the best of my ability. I am very thankful for my knowledge and education....one of the best gifts I have ever given myself. I am grateful to have the opportunity for charity to help my fellow man in their needs. I am indeed so blessed to be a part of it all.

To Paul, I will stay with you always, even to the God-forsaken land of PA....just to be with you. I will risk my life and health to have your babies, I will raise them right, to love our Heavenly Father and to respect society, to become successful, stable and loving individuals. I will grow old with you, love you, and support you....just as I have and will continue to.

I love you, more than any other man on this earth,
Your loving wife,
Jody

For the rest of you...I am not your mushy kind of girl....I don't cry, I don't weep, I don't get all saccharine sweet, no frills, and no lacy flattery either. So don't mistake me..........don't mess, and don't step. GRRRRRRRrrrrr

6 comments:

Jewmormondruggist said...

That was the sweetest thing ever, Jolyn! Seriously, I almost teared up just reading that. You are quite the example to me and I hope that someday I can have a partner as amazing as yours. Darn us and our dorky men!

Paul said...

Jen, first of all, Dorks make the best husbands. Time and time again it is proved.

Second...you are a lot like I was when I was your age...and things fell into line so amazingly. Honestly...keep a hold of the truth and it won't ever lead you down a path you don't belong. And just because everyone else does it...and influential people in your life do it...it doesn't mean its right in the eyes of the Lord. I have learned that. I started to figure out what really is important. You will too, my sweet friend...I think you are really starting to 'get it'.

Hailey blew me a kiss the other day when I was leaving, and I caught it, held it to my heart and thanked her and smiled. She then asked me "does it make your heart happy"? I said "yes, it makes my heart happy, thank you". Jen, seeing you come into the truth and really starting to see things with clarity....that makes my heart happy too. We love you here at the Dickinson home...keep up the good work!

Janney said...

Beautiful post. You have a way with words that I really connect with and enjoy.
Yes, all us gals are lucky.

John too knows that pushing causes regression...

Jewmormondruggist said...

Thank you for that. I miss you so much, I can't wait to see you again.

Alice said...

:D. Gotta Love family. Sorry to hear you've all been sick. Hope you didn't have to do laundry by hand.

Paul said...

HA ha...yeah, I'll have to tell you that story. Mr Fix It came yesterday to restore function back to the Dickinson home. I can hear over my dishwasher and my washing machine is in full use. I was not meant to be born before the luxury of modern day conveniences.