Sep 30, 2008

This week at Walgreens: MARY: listen up!

Breakdown was 20 bucks. Now Mary, I know we've talked about this. Now listen: The gillete shampoo broke down to a buck a piece. The PertPlus was 50 cents a piece. The SoftSoap bodywash (its the larger sizes guys!) was like 30 cents a piece.The sugars were 2 bucks a piece, the pingles 80 cents. The gum was 1.38 for all 4. The glade stuff was a steel due to b1g1 coupons, plus rebates and other coupons. The Garnier deep cond. was 3 bucks. Candy was a buck a piece. The gilette hair and body was free. The engergy shot and 2 toothbrushes (not shown) were free. Mary, you can do this...its Walgreens...you have one there. You just have to piece the manufacturers coupons, with store coupons with rebates and sales. Remember you can use b1g1 coupons with dollar amt coupons. And store coupons are different than manu. coupons. Rebates are sometimes a pain, but actually, it goes super quick on the comp, seriously.....like 1 min...no big deal. This was a huge corner for me to cut in our finances......YOU CAN DO THIS MARY...i'll help ya. That was the reason I started doing Walgreens so I could teach you how. Call me.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Julie said...

So question... how do you get multiples of the same coupon? Do you print them online, do you pick up extra adds at the store? Just curious...

Anonymous said...

Been there done that...remember? But after 15yrs I am out of cleaning supplies so I'll start clipping again.I am glad to see you take an interest in this endevour...it is not easy to be on a real tight budget...I love you.
MOM

jolyne77 said...

We get the Sunday paper...then just clip everything...no really. Unless its completely obsurd...like dogfood or something (for you guys). Sometimes things are on sale for free, and with that 'silly' coupon you didn't think you'd use...you'll end up making money on it.

We get coupons from Sun paper....Wed paper(in the mail), PennySaver attachments. valupac. In store coupons (in Walgreens) Also in teh Sun paper is not only the adds, but also their own coupons inside their add. If its an extremely good paper, I'll actually go out and buy another. Also, Michelle collects baby coupons for me, and my sister sends me coupons too. Also, I will sometimes get online and print them off. I have good sites or you can just surf for them. Esp if there is a certain product I need a coupon for (like as an adjunct to a sale or another coupon). Does that help? ;-)

Alice said...

Wow. I think I'm overwhelmed. I need to go shopping with you sometime and see how it's done up close. You are amazing, seriously, amazing.